With Autumn in full swing I couldn’t be more excited for the colder months and everything that comes with Autumn. Being an Autumn baby myself, there is so much about this time of year that I love. A change in season brings a new beginning and a fresh start. But I realise for some, it’s their least favourite time of year so with that I’ve put together a little list to say why you should love Autumn just as much as me.
- You can wear layers – hello cosy knit jumpers, scarves and thick socks! And don’t even get me started on all the amazing coats that are in stores rn.
- The smells! Think Pumpkin Spice, Maple Syrup, Cinnamon…the list could go on. Autumn has the best scented candles, drinks and food going. And I’m not just talking candles when it comes to scents, the smell of freshly fallen leaves or kindling fires are amazing!
- The colours – mustard is in all the shops right now & it’s such a flattering colour. But there’s also the burnt oranges and browns of the trees that just give off such a cosy vibe.
- PUMPKIN SPICED LATTES! I couldn’t make an Autumn post without mentioning a PSL now could I? Starbucks know what it’s about when this time of year rolls around, but even local coffee stores have cottoned on to the trend and make some amazing coffees that rival that of the famous insta-worthy PSL.
- Cinnamon Buns! If like me, you’re a massive foodie, then you have to love anything cinnamon flavoured. My favourite thing being cinnamon buns. I know you get these all year round but they taste even better when paired with a spiced latte right?!
- Finding time to snuggle. With the nights getting darker earlier it’s the perfect time to stay in, make a hot chocolate and snuggle up with your bae (or your gal-pals) and have a good movie marathon. Something about Autumn makes me want to binge watch all the Harry Potter movies again.
- Going for long walks – with the outdoors changing into such beautiful colours it’s the perfect season to go for a Sunday stroll in the countryside and just take a break from your phone and the rush of daily life.
- The fashion – much like wearing layers, dressing for Autumn is the best! You can wear gorgeous coats, amazing knitted jumpers, and best of all ankle boots! The trends for the season are amazing and so easy to wear. Plus there’s no worry about getting your wobbly bits out – just don an oversized knit & you’re good to go.
- It’s one step closer to the second best time of the year, CHRISTMAS! (I’m probably going to hell for uttering that word so early, but I love Christmas as well)
So there you have it. I hope this post has helped all you Autumn haters find a new appreciation for this time of year. Despite the weather there’s still so much to look forward to and enjoy about being in Autumn. If you love this time of year as much as me, let me know some of your favourite Autumnal things!
Love Lauren – xx